Performance Climbing Coach - Salt Lake City Seminar 2017
Climb Strong is proud to present our second climbing coaching event this year - the Performance Climbing Coach seminar in Salt Lake City, August 4-6. This three-day event will introduce climbing coaches and prospective coaches to the fundamentals of effective athlete preparation. This event is geared toward climbing coaches, but is open to all interested individuals.
Topics will include:
- Program Design: This covers preparing long and short-term programs for both individuals and teams. We will discuss periodization models, assessing athletes’ training levels, and simplifying the programming process.
- Session Design: We’ll cover methods for building sessions for strength, for power, and for development of the different facets of endurance. We will discuss warm-up and movement preparation as well as exercise sequencing.
- Strength Training: We will discuss the role of supplemental training in rock climbing, bouldering and alpine climbing. We will cover the basic structure of resistance training sessions, cover the fundamental movement patterns, and will spend a great deal of time on proper exercise technique.
- Nutrition Optimization: We’ll learn about proper nutrition for athletic success as well as effective weight loss strategies.
- Energy System Development: We will cover how to effectively train for each level of endurance from long boulder problems all the way up to multi-day alpine objectives. We will cover integrating endurance training with strength training, and when to train each energy system in the year’s cycle.
- Athlete Management: We will look at assessing an athlete’s readiness to participate in a training program, as well as effective goal generation, athlete communication, online coaching, and business development.
- Multi-Sport Integration: In this section, we’ll go over training the multi-sport athlete and how to effectively help those athletes perform maximally in each sport.
- Recovery and Regeneration Methods: We’ll learn the state-of-the-art in athletic recovery, as well as methods of reducing and preventing injuries.
The event will feature 2.5 days of lectures intermixed with practical sessions at Momentum Indoor Climbing. This seminar is worth 1.6 NSCA CEUs.
This event will be held August 4, 5, and 6 in Salt Lake City, Utah. The seminar price is $395 per coach. Please email email@example.com with specific questions or to get registration details. You can reserve your spot by visiting our store.